Monday, January 16, 2012

Tinkerbell came to visit

Tinkerbell visited me the other day, while I was watching my kids jump around in a play barn.  I'm serious, she made an appearance.  We were having some laughs, while I tried to capture my boys and their friends jump off a ledge onto a mat.  It was fun, because we were working in natural light, while trying to get the jumps just right so they would be backlit by a big window.  They were having so much fun, each time trying to improve on their last jump.

As I moved off to the right, my eye caught a small stream of light that was coming in through a hole in the barn wall.  With all the jumping and running, we had kicked up a lot of dust and it was highlighted in the steam of light.  Like a laser coming through the large space, it was beautiful.  As I called the kids over to take a look, the air was cool, and our breath got caught in the light as well.  Seeing all the small particles floating in the air, made it look like a magical beam shining down on us.  Like a fairy's sparkly trail, a magical moment, that had us all pause and take in the beauty of the light.

In a very busy world, my life jumps from family, to my day job, to photography, shopping, homework, school and everything in between.  To have a moment to appreciate some fairy dust, with my happy, smiling kids was a treasure, that seem to happen less often these days.  So I guess, just to be corny for a moment..... when Tinkerbell comes to visit, make sure you take the time to thank her, remember it, and enjoy what means the most to you in life.





No comments:

Post a Comment